The Educare Foundation is pleased to announce $92,395 in Educator Initiative grant awards to support innovative learning across Mankato Area Public Schools. Grants will be awarded to educators at the annual Educare Benefit on May 18.
Grant awards for the 2018-19 school year include:
- Electronic Instrument Ensemble for West High School, $28,803
- PLTW (Project Lead The Way) Biomedical Science Equipment for East and West high schools, $10,000
- Heart Zone Systems including hardware and software to monitor heartrate for Get Fit! Stay Fit! program, $32,473
- Vinyl cutters for FabLabs at East and West high schools, $3,890
- Makerspaces equipment including 3D printers & pens, Osmo kits and littleBits, $17,229
Educare also provides support through the Ed Waltman Mini Grants Program during the school year. The Foundation distributes up to $24,000 annually in mini grants, and with the Educator Initiative Grants awarded, Educare is excited to announce it has funded more than $1.2 million in grants since its inception in 1995!
A non-profit public entity, the Educare Foundation provides financial support to Mankato Area Public Schools beyond the normal operating budget. Educare supports programs and activities that enhance educational opportunities for all students and encourages teachers to explore new ways of learning and provides a vital link between the community and the classroom. Learn more about Educare.