Open Enrollment

What is Open Enrollment?

It is the option for parents to have their child attend  another school outside of their resident school district.

Example: A family that lives in another school district like St Clair school district that has a child in kindergarten through 12th grade may apply for Open Enrollment for their child to attend Mankato Area Public Schools. The same applies for families that live in the Mankato area school district. 

Applications must be sent to the nonresident district by January 15 in order to enroll beginning the following school year. OR, if the student, family or parent moved into the resident district on or later than December 1.

Nonresident agreement form is used when an open enrollment cannot be used.
A nonresident agreement is first signed by the Resident District and then by the district the student wishes to attend.

Open Enrollment Form (Use this form for grades K-12 and Early Childhood Special Education)

Non Resident Agreement Form

Return all forms to the Central Registration office.


Questions contact Central Registration Office
507-207-4037 ;

Central Registration Office
10 Civic Center Plaza
PO Box 8741
Mankato MN 56002-8741
fax 507-387-2618