The Talent Development Program Advisory Committee meets regularly during the school year. The committee is made up of parents, students, teachers, administrators, and the Talent Development Coordinator.
The purpose of the Talent Development Program Advisory Committee is to facilitate communication and teamwork between students, parents, teachers, and district leaders on plans that align with district goals, policies, and initiatives in order to improve the educational programming of gifted and talented students.
In order to accomplish this purpose, students, parents, teachers, and district leaders do the following:
- Meet regularly and work together to engage in dialogue and provide input about the Talent Development Program and its services.
- Focus attention on issues relative to improving the educational programs and services for gifted and talented students.
- Provide input, recommendations, and feedback on Talent Development Program communications with families and the larger community.
- Serve as a communication liaison between the larger community and the Talent Development Program on issues of gifted and talented education.
- Advocate initiatives designed to meet the needs of gifted and talented students.