If you are new to Mankato Area Public Schools (resident family or approved open-enrolled family), you may be asking yourself what to do next. Below we've compiled a list of helpful resources for parents/guardians of new students, whether currently in kindergarten, elementary school, middle school, or high school.
REGISTRATION STEPS FOR ALL GRADES
New K-12 students who move into the district during the year should complete the online K-12 New Student Registration by clicking the link below. Please review all of the information listed below prior to filling out the online registration.
- Check our Attendance Areas to see where your children will go to school and if the address is eligible for busing
- Fill out the online K-12 New Student Registration by clicking the link below. Make sure to save the application number you receive at the beginning of registration.
- Please email documents listed below to: email@example.com
- Copy of official state issued birth certificate, passport, or I-94 form for each child registering for school
- Proof of address (a utility bill or a home lease agreement, for example)
- If applicable, provide Special Education IEP and summary evaluation report
- Immunization record (one for each child)
- Release of Records (one for each child) - Mankato Area Public Schools will request a transfer of records from the previous school attended.
- Food Service Application (current year 20-21, must be completed annually)
- Visit Central Registration Office to:
- Complete the Transportation form
- Receive Infinite Campus Parent Portal Access Key so you can monitor your student's attendance, grades and meal account information (must bring ID and confirmation of uploaded registration)
Central Registration Office:
10 Civic Center Plaza
Click here for directions
I've Enrolled My Child, Now What?
Now that your child is enrolled in Mankato Area Public Schools, you will want to:
- Watch for emails from the school and district regarding activities and events.
- Review the student handbook for your student's school. Handbooks are posted on each school's webpage.
- Get involved with the Parent Teacher Council at your child’s school.
- Talk to your child's teacher or your school principal if you need more information.
We want your experience with Mankato Area Public Schools to be a positive one. Thank you for partnering with us to help your child reach his or her maximum potential.
Central Registration Office
10 Civic Center Plaza
Post Office Box 8741
Mankato, MN 56002-8741
Central Registration Email:
School Day Hours: Mon - Fri 7:30am - 4:30pm
Summer and Non-school Days Hours: Mon - Fri 7:00am - 4:00pm