The Educare Foundation is pleased to announce $57,124 in Educator Initiative grant awards to support innovative learning across Mankato Area Public Schools. Grants will be awarded to educators at the annual Educare Benefit on May 17, 2019 at Chankaska Creek Ranch & Winery. Tickets for the event can be purchased online at www.educarefoundation.org/spring-benefit.
Grant awards for the 2019-20 school year include:
- Telepresence Robots by OhmniLabs for all K-12 schools, $10,775
- The robots provide a unique communication experience through a combination of video cameras, video screens, and remote physical operation.
- STEM Kits & Buddies for Jefferson Elementary, $11,599
- The STEM kits provide hands-on examples, puzzles, and challenges related to core STEM subjects.
- Mariachi Ensemble for East High School - $6,607
- East High School would like to add depth to its musical ensembles by developing a mariachi ensemble.
- Multi-Process Welders for East and West High Schools, $11,529
- Mankato Area Public Schools see more than 300 students taking welding courses, including students involved in Welding Internship and Manufacturing Apprenticeship Programs.
- Construction Pathway Expansion for Central, East and West High Schools, $16,614
- The high schools are requesting funds to expand its construction trades program to purchase equipment that is outdated or non-existent in the program.
Educare also provides support through the Ed Waltman Mini Grants Program during the school year. The Foundation distributes up to $24,000 annually in mini grants, and with the Educator Initiative Grants awarded, Educare has funded more than $1.2 million in grants since its inception in 1995!
A non-profit public entity, the Educare Foundation provides financial support to Mankato Area Public Schools beyond the normal operating budget. Educare supports programs and activities that enhance educational opportunities for all students and encourages teachers to explore new ways of learning and provides a vital link between the community and the classroom. To learn more about Educare, visit www.educarefoundation.org.