The goal of Mankato Area School District's Nutrition Services Department is to provide students with nutritious and delicious meal. The menu is planned according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture's nutrition standards.
The USDA’s Healthy Hunger-Free Kids Act requires schools to:
• Offer fruit and vegetables daily
• Offer only whole grain-rich items
• Include the 5 vegetable subgroups weekly
• Offer only fat-free or low-fat dairy items
• On average, the planned lunch contains <10% saturated fat and 0 grams trans fat, 600-650 calories for grades K-8, and 750-850 calories for grades 9-12.
MN Dept of Ed: Healthy, Hunger Free Kids Act School Lunch Meal Pattern
MN Dept Of Ed: School Breakfast Meal Pattern
Milk Nutrition Information
Have a child with special dietary needs? Click here.