District 77 offers the Benefits listed below and are available to employees, staff, and administration that qualify.
- Health Insurance Options
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Long Term Disability
- FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNT
- HEALTH SAVINGS ACCOUNT
- Employee Health Promotions
- LIFE INSURANCE
- Learn to Live
- COVID-19 RESOURCES
- healthiestyou by Teladoc
- Benefit Fair Documents
- FitChoices 7/1/22
- Healthy Savings 7/1/22
- My Health Rewards 7/1/22
- Ovia Health 7/1/22
- Sanvello 7/1/22
Health insurance is offered through Medica. The Medica website allows the employee to find a doctor under the different networked plans. The employee may also check the formulary drug list to see if their prescriptions are covered under their health plan.
Benefit Booklets (Summary Plan Descriptions):
Basic + Plan
$750 CMM Plan
Double Gold Plan - Enrollments in this plan are closed
$3250 CDHP Plan
$6350 CDHP Plan
COBRA Continuation Coverage
Notice of COBRA Continuation Coverage
New - Health Insurance Marketplace Coverage Options and Your Health Coverage
- Exchange Notification Information for ISD 77 Employees
The Customer Service telephone number for Medica is 1-877-347-0282. For plan information, please see the information provided on the website. For any additional information or further questions, please contact the Business Office.
Dental Insurance is offered through Delta Dental. Please click on the Delta Dental Website link below to visit their website for more information or to search the network.
Delta Dental's Customer Service number is: 1-800-553-9536. For information on what the district offers, please contact the district's Business Office.
Delta Dental Website
Delta Dental Enrollment Form
Delta Dental Maintenance Form
Dental Summary Plan Descriptions (SPD)
Mankato Area Public Schools provides an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) as a benefit to employees and families through VITAL Work Life.
The program is geared toward recognizing an employee's problems and helping to find appropriate help. This service is confidential and is available to both employees and members of their household--at no cost to you. Their phone number is: 1-800-383-1908.
User Name: mankatoschools
The MAPS Employee Health Promotions Team was made possible with funding from the Health Insurance Pool and participation in the Wellness Program offered through South Central Service Cooperative.
Long-term disability is a benefit offered through National Insurance Services Company. The waiting period and employer contribution is determined by individual employment agreements.
Certificates of Coverage
- Clerical - All other specified employees
- Cooks Long Term Disability
- Custodians Long Term Disability
- Paraprofessionals Long Term Disability
- Superintendent and Administrators Long Term Disability
- Teachers with 5 or more Years of Service Long Term Disability
- Teachers with less than 5 Years of Service Long Term Disability
The Mankato Area Public Schools Flexible Benefits Program is offered through Further (formerly Select Account). This plan is established to provide employees with a way to save money on costs for medical and dependent care expenses. It is a salary reduction plan permitting participants to choose among more than one benefit. It is classified as a "cafeteria plan" for Federal income tax purposes. There are three components to the plan:
- Pre-tax premiums for insurance deductions
- Medical reimbursement account--$2,850 limit
- Dependent care reimbursement account--$5,000 limit
The reimbursement account allows you to pay for certain out-of-pocket health care expenses and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars. Employees are able to lower their taxable income because the money placed in the reimbursement account(s) is taken out of each paycheck and in most cases, State income taxes.
Further Contact Information:
Hours: Monday - Friday, 7:00am to 8:00pm (Central Time)
Address: P.O. Box 64193, St. Paul, MN 55164-0193
Employees of Mankato Area Public Schools are eligible to participate in 403(b) tax sheltered accounts as established pursuant to United States Public Law N. 98-370.
Application to participate, change or terminate a tax sheltered account must be made on form, which are available in the business office. Amounts withheld from salary and paid for the purchase of a tax-sheltered account shall comply with provisions under Section 403(b) of the IRS Code as amended and with Minnesota Statute.
403(b) Universal Availability Notice
Salary Reduction Agreement
Mankato ISD Advisor Contact Information
A health savings account (HSA) is a tax-advantaged account, that works in conjunction with a high-deductible health plan, which allows you the ability to save tax-free money for eligible medical expenses. The Mankato Area Public Schools Health Savings Accounts are administered through Further (formerly Select Account). Employees who are covered on one of Mankato Area Public Schools high deductible plans are eligible for a Health Savings Account (HSA).
For more information on health savings accounts please visit www.hellofurther.com.
Omada® is a digital behavior change program that inspires healthy habits you can live with long term. It combines the behavior change science and unwavering support you’ll need to lose weight, keep it off, and help reduce your risk of type 2 diabetes and heart disease.
- Wireless smart scale to monitor your progress
- Professional health coach to keep you on track
- Interactive program that adapts to you
- Weekly online lessons to educate and inspire
- Small group of participants for real-time support
More great news: if you [or your adult family members] are at risk for type 2 diabetes or heart disease, and enrolled in our Medica health plan, Mankato Area Public Schools will cover the entire cost of the program—a $650 value.
Take a 1-minute risk screener to see if you’re eligible: https://go.omadahealth.com/mhc
Employee Health Promotions (EHP) was created to improve the health and quality of life of MAPS employees. This, in turn, will help to improve the academic achievement of our students.
Mankato Area Public Schools employs approximately 2400 individuals. EHP aims to provide a wellness service for each and every one.
EHP is managed by a leadership team. In addition, each MAPS site has an EHP representative. These are the wellness leaders for their building. They are responsible for the dissemination of EHP information, organizing wellness events or classes, supporting participation in district-coordinated events and rewarding site employees in achieving wellness goals.
The elements of our employee wellness program include the following:
- Health education and health-promoting activities that focus on skill development and lifestyle behavior improvements.
- Supportive social and physical environments that promote health and reduce the risk of disease.
- Integration of the worksite program into the school structure.
- Employee assistance programs to help employees balance work and family life.
- Worksite screening programs
- An evaluation and improvement process to help enhance the program’s effectiveness and efficiency.
MAPS staff receive monthly EHP Newsletters highlighting ongoing or future events.
EHP welcomes feedback. If you have questions, concerns, comments or ideas, please share them! You can provide feedback here.
Life Insurance is a benefit offered through National Insurance Services Company. Coverage is determined by individual employment agreements.
Certificates of Coverage
Hello from Learn to Live!
We are excited to announce the launch of our confidential, online mental health programs for MHC employees and families who have coverage with the MHC health plan.
Learn to Live is an online resource for those of us struggling with stress, depression, sleeplessness or social anxiety, providing help anywhere, any time. Our programs are built on the principles of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT). Online CBT has been proven as effective as in-person care in over 10 years of clinical research. To learn more about our programs, visit our website and click “take a tour.”
Employees and family members (age 13 and older) who have coverage with the MHC health plan can enroll for free in any of our interactive programs: Social Anxiety, Depression, Insomnia, or Stress, Anxiety & Worry. We encourage you to take a quick assessment to find out if any of these challenges are impacting your life.
MHC's online mental health programs benefit - Learn to Live - is excited to announce their new page for on-demand Webinars! These webinars are offered at no cost to all MHC health plan participants and family members!
This enhancement will allow all MHC health plan participants to watch their 30-minute presentations that aim to provide useful tips and guidelines across numerous and relevant topics.
We encourage you to check out this program enhancement. Learn to Live wants to bring our employees and their family members the best experience possible. Check these out at any time of the day, and view as many times as you want! You can view them anytime at www.learntolive.com/webinars and just us the code MHC.
For free access, visit our website learntolive.com/
As a third-party service, we want to assure you that our member information is completely confidential and will not be shared with anyone at your employer or MHC.
If you have any questions, please reach out to our team at clientservices@learntolive.
The Learn to Live Team
In an effort to control the spread of COVID-19, protect the health of the students, colleagues and families of our community, and provide a safe learning and work environment here at MAPS, please notify your supervisor/administrator immediately if you have tested positive for COVID-19 or been in close contact with a positive case.
MAPS in partnership with MDH will begin the process of Contact Tracing. Contract tracing is a tool that can help slow the spread of infectious diseases, such as coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). Any information you share with the MAPS and/or MDH contract tracers is CONFIDENTIAL under HIPAA regulations. This means your name and personal and medical information will be kept private.
The Employee Health Promotions team wanted to share some resources below to help employees navigate during this COVID-19 time.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota - Blue Cross Blue Shield, our health insurance provider has put together information on how they are responding to COVID-19.
Healthiestyou by Teladoc - Free Telemedicine Benefit to any employee covered on the MAPS health plan or the covered employees household family members. Services offered are general medicine, mental health (for ages 18+), dermatology, neck and back care, nutrition, and expert medical services.
Doctor on Demand - Provides treatment for 90% of the most common health conditions affecting your mind and body virtually.
- Username: mankatoschools
- Password: member
Employee Health Promotions Newsletters - Check out current and past newsletters with great articles!
District Facilities April 2020 Newsletter on Ergonomics - Great tips on ergonomics!
Learn to Live - Learn to Live is an online resource for those of us struggling with stress, depression, sleeplessness or social anxiety, providing help anywhere, any time. Enter code MHC to access this free resource for employees and dependents on the MAPS health plan age 13 and older.
Sharecare - Sharecare is a digital health solution that helps people manage all their health in one place. There are great articles on all aspects of health and wellness.
Bodyweight Interval & Flexibility/Yoga Workouts - Join Tia Dupont, Recreation Specialist is offering free workout videos. Join her google classroom, class code is 5llaq6l.
Mayo Clinic Stress/Anxiety Related Videos
- Feeling stressed? Remember the 4 A's
- 7 ways to de-stress right now
- 8 reasons healthy sleep should be non-negotiable
- Small steps for a day-changing morning
- How to break up with your social network at bedtime
- Mental health benefits of tidying up
Mental Health Resources
• Crisis Text Line: Text – MN to 741741 for free 24/7 assistance for mental health crisis
• Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
• Stomp Out Suicide: 1-651-777-5222
• CDC - Stress and Coping
• Child Trends - Resources for Supporting Children’s Emotional Well-Being during the COVID-19 Pandemic
• Very Well Mind - How to Cope With Anxiety About Coronavirus
American Red Cross - Free Mental Health First Aid for COVID-19 Online
Calm - Sleep, stress, meditations, gratitude resources, masterclass opportunities, resources for kids
Stress Help From The CDC - Tips for reducing stress during the pandemic
Random Acts of Kindness Foundation - Assorted kindness/positivity resources
Yale - Science of Wellbeing Course
Dr. Sood - Free access to his Resilient Option Course - Use coupon code - Resilience100
Trauma Resources for Educators - This MDE reference guide is a resource for teachers and school staff, to support students coping with trauma.
Knutson + Casey, PC (www.knutsoncasey.com) - Providing full service estate planning solutions (wills, trusts, powers of attorney, and healthcare directives) in the Mankato Area. Discounts for MAPS employees. Make your estate plan part of your back to school prep.
Introducing HealthiestYou - Your newest FREE Telemedicine Benefit beginning on July 1, 2021. It is free for any employee covered on Mankato Area Public Schools (MAPS) health plan or the covered employees household family members. On July 1 or after, you can register by downloading the App or going to member.healthiestyou.com. This is available to you and your household family members an unlimited number of times.
Simplify your life. Check out the options that HealthiestYou offers and view the flyers below!
- General Medical- 24/7/365 access to a doctor via phone or video. Our doctors can diagnose common ailments and offer treatment, including prescription medications if necessary.
- Mental Health (for ages 18+)- Unlimited phone or video sessions with the same mental health provider. You can choose from an extensive list of psychiatrists, counselors, and therapists.
- Dermatology- Take 3 pictures of a skin condition and receive a diagnosis and treatment plan through the app’s Message Center within 48 hours.
- Neck and Back Care- With the help of a certified health coach, you will be given a personalized video-based exercise and stretching regimen to help alleviate both back and neck pain.
- Nutrition - You will work directly with registered dietitians who assess clinical nutrition needs and develop personalized programs including custom meal plans and shopping guides.
- Expert Medical Services- Receive an expert second opinion and get all of your medical records in one place.
Teladoc Webinar that took place virtually Wednesday, June 2, 2021. Your newest FREE Telemedicine Benefit beginning on July 1, 2021!
Check out these HealthiestYou How To Videos for additional information!
Fit Choices by Medica motivates you to move. Hit the gym 8 times or more each month to get a $20 monthly credit to help pay the bill. That's up to $240 a year!
- Find a list of participating health clubs at Medica.com/FitChoices. Then show your Medica ID card at that health club.
- Don’t sweat the recordkeeping. Your health club will track your visits and let Medica know.
- Work out at your gym. Then get a $20 credit toward your monthly health club bill.
- View the FitChoices flier here.
The Medica Healthy Savings program makes eating healthy a little easier. By saving on groceries and healthy products, you can take charge of your wellness. As a Medica member, you’ll enjoy these benefits at no extra cost.
- Watch for your Healthy Savings card in the mail. Start using the program by activating your card in the easy-to-use Healthy Savings app. It’s free to download from the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Get healthy products featured in the app each week at the stores shown below.
- Add your favorite foods to your shopping lists and save in-store specials (some over 50% off) using your smartphone.
- Scan your Healthy Savings card or mobile app at checkout. Then save on all of the promoted items – like over-the- counter self-care, baby products, cleaning supplies, and healthy foods in every food group.
- View the Healthy Savings flier here.
Earn points and get rewards with My Health Rewards, an online tool that helps you take small steps to reach your health goals.
Our points-based program offers rewards for completing healthy activities. Redeem points for egift cards or shop for health and fitness products in the Virgin Pulse store. You can even choose to donate your rewards to a charitable cause.
- Assess your health
- Attend the Minnesota Healthcare Consortium Spring Virtual Wellness Conference
- Personalize your health journey
- Connect your fitness tracker
- Choose the tools and programs that work for you
Keeping up with preventive care keeps you feeling your best. First, go to the Health tab to complete your health assessment. Then, My Care Checklist gives you personalized, friendly reminders that let you k now when you're due to see your health care provider. Earn points by tracking your preventive care screenings and visits.
View the My Health Rewards flier here.
Ovia Health apps give you on-demand, personalized support throughout your parenthood journey. They can help you track your period, get pregnant, and understand your pregnancy symptoms. With Ovia Health apps, you’ll even learn how to stay healthy after your baby arrives.
- A health assessment and symptom tracking
- Get alerts and personal coaching when you need it.
- Calendars, updates, and checklists
- Use a pregnancy calendar, daily baby updates, and a development checklist to track milestones for you and your baby.
- Health and wellness programs
- Explore health and wellness programs to help you learn about infertility, sexual health, birth planning, preterm delivery, mental health, breastfeeding, and more.
- Unlimited one-on-one coaching
- Send instant messages to registered nurse health coaches to ask all your questions.
- Benefits library
- Learn about all of your health care benefits from one, easy-to-find place.
- Career and return-to-work programs
- Find coaching and career advice about maternity leave, returning to work, and being a working parent.
View the Ovia Health flier here.
Rethink how you manage your behavioral health. Sanvello gives you access to clinically proven techniques based on cognitive behavioral therapy for dealing with stress, anxiety, depression, or whatever else you may be going through. From coping tools to meditations to Guided Journeys, you’ll get help to manage your moods and thoughts so you can understand what works for you to feel better.
Daily mood tracking: Answer simple questions each day to capture your current mood, find patterns and self-assess your progress.
Coping tools: Reach for just the right tool to relax, be in the moment or manage stressful situations, like test-taking, public speaking or morning dread.
Guided Journeys: Designed by experts for a range of needs, journeys use clinical techniques to help you feel more in control and build long-term life skills.
Personalized progress: Through weekly check-ins, Sanvello creates a roadmap for improvement. Track where you are, set goals and make progress week by week.
Community support: Find encouragement, stories and insights from your Sanvello peer community and share your own—anonymously, anytime.
View the Sanvello flier here.
Department of Business Services
Kelly Hanson, Benefits Specialist
10 Civic Center Plaza, Suite 1
Mankato, Minnesota 56001